This website is not optimised to run on your browser. For the best experience please consider upgrading.
What do I need to have ready on the day of the sale?
On the day of collection, you will need to have the following items ready:
If you are the registered keeper of the vehicle:
- V5C vehicle registration document (your logbook).
- MOT certificate (if your car has had one: i.e. it is 3 or more years old).
- All spare keys for your car. Photo ID, such as your driving licence or passport.
- Proof of address – a utility bill (gas, electricity, or water), bank statement, council tax statement. The address shown must match the address on the V5C document.
- Authority from your finance company. If you have any finance on your car, a letter from the finance company confirming the final settlement figure.
- Service record book, car handbook, locking wheel nuts (if you have them), radio and key codes if you have them.
- Your UK bank details (or that of the registered keeper)
- Fuel – car dealers don’t require a full tank of fuel, but please ensure there is enough in your car so that the fuel light is not on.
If you are not the registered keeper of the vehicle:
- All the items above, plus: Written authorisation from the registered keeper that you are able to sell the car.
- Photo ID (driving licence or passport) of the registered keeper.
Was this article helpful?